Friday, December 7, 2012

Scrapbook Clubs

I know for me when I started out I had ideas after ideas of all the scrapbooks that I wanted to create. Then I would have to say about six months or so into it I started to find myself running out of ideas.

It started becoming stressful. It started getting harder and harder to find packs of embellishments. Or that one unique cardstock. So I thought, let me turn to craft stores online to order my supplies. Come to find out the color cardstock that I thought was orange was more of a yellow. My patterns were sometimes not the right patterns that I ordered and I would have the hassle of having to send half of my order back or in some cases all of my order. It really started to becoming time-consuming.


Well, were you aware that there are monthly scrapbooking kit clubs. One of my scrapbooking friends made me aware of this and I have to say I became a big fan.


Well organized scrapbooking kits with all the expert designs you can think of. You can select patterns, embellishments, and different types of cardstock. Those days of running to store after store looking for scrapbooking supplies or even leaping from one website to another was over.


When you join one of these scrapbooking clubs you can order exactly what you want and get exactly what you ordered right to your door. I do want to give you one word of advice. Don't just run and sign up for the first scrapbook club you come across. You need to do your homework.



Ask yourself these questions, before signing up with a scrapbooking kit club.


 1. What is my budget? What am I willing to pay? To give you an idea, the general middle of the road cost-plus shipping and handling is, anywhere from $19.99 to $29.99 or more. It all depends on what you are willing to spend.

2. There are so many kits to choose from. What kind of kits are you most interested in? What I have learned is that there are so many different kinds of kits from cardstock to mini-albums to straightforward scrapbook kits. Sky's the limit to what you are most interested in.



3. Do you want the freedom to order without a monthly fee? Or, do you want to become a member and have a monthly club fee? Another Hot Tip: Scrapbooking Clubs sometimes need you to sign up for six months or even in some cases up to a year membership. Do your research and read the long-term agreement on the sites that interest you the most. 

4. Another question that seems to come up a lot. Is, what if after I sign up for a scrapbooking club site and I start to notice that I don't like the kind of kits that I am seeing? In some cases the sites will give you the option to skip a kit. But in other cases it's not so easy. Make sure you do your homework before signing up for any site.



5. Cancellation Policy? Be aware, again do your homework and go to the agreement policy on that site(s). To see what their cancellation policy is. I always will make sure to read the cancellation policy of a site before I sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment