Saturday, December 1, 2012

Let The Scrapbooking Begin

Have you always wanted to be a scrapbooker? I wanted to eliminate some of the difficult parts, and show you how scrapbooking can be very enjoyable from beginning to end. When you start to implement the overall steps of this scrapbooking blog. You will start to understand that scrapbooking; once you get the hang of it, is a very enjoyable hobby to learn. 


Themes:


How I like to look at it, is that Scrapbooking is an Art. Before you start you need to think of a theme for your pictures. Deciding on a theme is one of the most important steps you will take. If you don't make choosing a theme the first priority, you will fall short and the thought of becoming a scrapbooker will turn into a chore and not a hobby.

Matting:


After you have chosen a theme. Matting is the next step you will really need to understand. This is a process of taking your photos and applying them to your pages. In some cases scrapbookers like myself, like to double or even sometimes triple mat our photos for an awesome added effect. This overall will make your photos pop right off the page with character and creativity. 


Embellishments:


This is where the fun begins. Embellishments are decorations that are used for your individual scrapbooking pages. I love when I get to this stage, because this is where I feel my creative juices start to flow. You can buy packaged embellishments at your local craft store. Or you can create your own home made embellishments with leftover scraps like (ribbons, beads, lace, and some leftover scrap paper). 


Words:


Don't forget your words. When I first started out; I have to admit that I had a hard time coming up with creative words to use. The thesaurus and I became best friends and I also went to my local Michael's to buy rubber stamps that said it all. You can find some really cute rubber stamps to really compliment your pages.




Overall for you the scrapbooking beginner, this is a fun and enjoyable learning process. Don't be afraid to allow your imagination and your creativity to come together and start to make beautiful scrapbooking memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment