Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Digital Scrapbooking

This is for all you beginner scrapbookers that are looking for that professional digital scrapbooking designs.


Like in my last post, I truly believe in bringing your creativity to life. I was once you're so called traditional scrapbooker. But as I started to really get the hang of things, I started to experiment with as we scrapbookers like to call it Digital Scrapping. Now, my so called scrapbooker friends that were more on the traditional side of things were against the idea, but I didn't let that slow me down. I started to dip my toes into the digital scrapping world, and I have never looked back. 



To give you an overview of what Digital Scrapbooking is. It's the ability to be able to transform or freeze your images/photos into a digital design, instead of the more traditional way. It eliminates your scissors, glue and embellishment but of course, not your paper. Or in some cases you won't even need any paper. 




Do you have a digital camera to take your photographs? I take my photographs and store them on my computer in a folder named Digital Photos. You need to be able to have easy access to your photos. So, I highly suggest you create a folder on your desktop to store all your photographs that you intend to use.  This step alone will help to eliminate the time and energy spent. Let's not forget the expense of getting copies of your photos made.


Are you wondering how to resize your photos? Adobe Photoshop Element is as easy as 123. Adobe Photoshop Element is a software tool that will become one of your best friends when working to create a digital scrapbook. This software alone will help to resize and or clear up all of your photos to the utmost professional images you desire.   


You will be pleasantly surprised on how easy a lot of the digital scrapbooking software works for you in this day and age. What I like about the digital scrapbooking software that is out there today; is that most of them have a free 30-day trail for your convenience and you can also find free digital scrapbooking sites. But please don't just settle on the first site you come upon, do your research.


These digital scrapbooking sites have so many wonderful scrapbooking designs. I also love how you can create your own photo collage frames without in some cases the slightest effort. 

Don't get me wrong my passion is still in creating traditional scrapbooks. But to get that more professional look, that is when I turn to digital scrapbooking. If you want to learn the digital scrapbooking side. Don't think you need to be a so called digital scrapbooking guru. By all means don't let fear of failure discourage you, what you create doesn't have to be perfect. 

Keep in mind what ever you create will be wonderful memories to you and your close family members.




No comments:

Post a Comment