Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Felt Scrapbooking



When it comes to Felt it is one of the contemporary fabrics that have been around for years in the world of crafting. There is so many things you can do with felt like making felt flowers, frames and butterflies etc etc. One other wonderful thing about felt is that it has a variety of colors.




Example: Felt Embellishments


Felt Flowers -


I love to use this tool called a Die-cut. When you get more advanced in the world of scrapbooking. This tool will probably become your right hand man. Now at first you will have scissors to do the job and that's ok. You can still make the felt flower, you just will be making hand-cut flower shapes instead. One of the things that I love about felt is that when you cut it, it does not frey. So there is no need to break out the sewing machine to hem the edges.


Frames - 

Frame matting your photos. I like to create my frames into the traditional square like frames. But you can create your frame into a star, sun, circle or any other shape for that matter. You will need to accent your edges. What I feel that has worked the best for me over the years was to embroider. This will add more texture and become a real eye-catcher.

Butterflies -


Who doesn't love Butterflies. The best way I feel that you can create those perfect Butterflies is by hand-cut. Some people do use their die-cut machine. But I personally enjoy creating my butterflies by hand, because I like the more home made look that it gives. Keep in mind, what ever your approach maybe. You need to stick to that same approach when creating the wings of the butterfly. Last but certainly not least, you want to bring your butterfly to life. So, by doing that, you need to only adhere the butterflies body to your scrapbook page. You then need to leave the butterflies wings free so that it gives that flying effect.


Remember to always make scrapbooking fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment